Show All Answers

1. What must be submitted to KDHE?
2. What must be submitted to KDHE on behalf of a water supply system before it proceeds with developing new sources water or making modifications to existing sources of water?
3. What size paper are project plan sets to be printed on?
4. Do we have to use a professional engineer licensed to practice in Kansas?
5. When does KDHE issue a public water supply permit?
6. Are the ANSI/NSF 60 and 61 certifications really that important to water supply systems?
7. Does the Engineering and Permits Unit review and approve private/domestic wells?
8. Is it okay to connect to another public water supply system without the connection first being approved by KDHE?
9. Is a public water supply permit application always required for a waterline project?
10. What is the protective buffer distance for a public water supply well?
11. What are the horizontal and vertical separation distances for waterlines and sanitary sewers?
12. Are horizontal and vertical separation distances for water service lines and sanitary sewers services lines the same for waterlines and sanitary sewers?
13. What is the separation distance between a waterline and a sanitary sewer manhole?
14. Who can help with determining the proper disposal of wastewater from a water treatment facility?
15. Do I need a final inspection for changes made in infrastructure before placing them into operation?
16. Where can I get a copy of the minimum design standards for public water supply systems in Kansas?
17. What is the contact information for the KDHE District Office in my area?