Show All Answers

1. Since the Environmental Protection Agency recently amended the RRP to allow contractors to collect paint chip samples, will KDHE allow the contractor to collect paint chip samples as well?
2. I want to comply with Environmental Protection Agency / KDHE Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule. What do I need to do?
3. I am planning to renovate my home. How can I find a licensed firm?
4. How long will it take KDHE to process my application to become licensed?
5. What happens if my firm is in the middle of a renovation job and none of my employees or my firm is not licensed? What should I do?
6. I operate a renovation firm and I have heard that Kansas has adopted its own lead Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) program. Do I have to also be certified by the Environmental Protection Agency?
7. Are schools subject to the Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule?
8. Are stained surfaces subject to the Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule?
9. I am a handyman working alone. Do I need to be licensed as a firm?
10. I live in one unit of a duplex and I own and rent the other. Do I need Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) certification?
11. I own and rent a home where the tenants do repair work at the property in return for lowering their monthly rent. Does the Renovation, Repainting (RRP) Rule restrict this?
12. How do the Kansas Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) regulations differ from those of the Environmental Protection Agency?