- Certification Application (PDF)
- Is the address provided correct? If not, make the appropriate corrections in the space provided.
- In the instrument section, write the instrument serial number of the evidential breath testing (EBAT) device(s) your agency expects to routinely use and sign as the Agency Custodian. Your Agency Head (Sheriff, Interim Sheriff, Chief, Interim Chief, etc.) must also sign the bottom of the form. If the Agency Head is unavailable, please contact the Breath Alcohol Program (BAP) at 785-296-1642 or via email and they will advise you on the next step and/or additional paperwork that is or may be needed.
- Operator Certification Renewal Application (DOC)
- This page references all operators who must renew their certification during the current calendar year. Mark the box by the name of each operator who wishes to renew. Any boxes left blank may result in the officer(s) being inactivated. Please note that a BAP staff member may contact you to confirm the individual does not intend to renew their certification, especially if they are not marked off on the Operator Roster.
- Operator Roster (DOC): Make any change(s) to your Operator Roster on this page.
- Deletion (DOC): Cross through any operator name which should be removed from your agency Operator Roster. Please include a Change of Status (found on the Breath Alcohol Laboratory Program page) for each deletion.
- Name Changes (DOC): Correct any operator name(s) by crossing through the old name and writing in the new name. Please include a Change of Status (found on the Breath Alcohol Laboratory Program page) for each name change. If the name was inadvertently misspelled by the BAP, please contact the BAP at 785-296-1642 or via email to have the name corrected and a new card sent. A change of status form would not be required in this case.
- Transfers (DOC): Any operator who is currently active or eligible to be active should have a transfer completed and sent into the BAP. The operator's name should be written on the Operator Roster indicating the addition of the operator. Please include a Change of Status (found on the Breath Alcohol Laboratory Program page) for each transfer. If the operator is being added due to being newly certified, please add their name to the Operator Roster but no Change of Status form is required.
Note: If the operator needs to renew their certification during the current calendar year, add their name, operator number, and a box in front of their name to the Operator Certification Renewal Application and mark the box to reflect their intent to renew.
If you have any questions, contact the BAP at 785-296-1642 or via email.