Where can I get my water tested if it smells or tastes bad?

KDHE’s Environmental Laboratory Improvements Office website lists accredited laboratories that comply with the Safe Drinking Water Act requirements.

Show All Answers

1. What are the main criteria used to determine if a system is a Public Water Supply System?
2. How do I tell what type of Public Water Supply System I have?
3. How often is PWS required to measure the distribution system chlorine residual?
4. What are the minimum chlorine residual requirements in the distribution system?
5. What is the minimum positive pressure requirements for the distribution system?
6. How long does a Public Water Supply System have to respond to significant deficiencies identified during a sanitary survey?
7. What does KDHE recommend as the maximum annual percentage of water loss?
8. Is there a list of amounts the KDHE Laboratory charges for each type of test it performs for Public Water Supply Systems?
9. Are all Public Water Supply systems required to have a certified operator and where can we get more information about what is required?
10. How long must a Public Water Supply system maintain records on bacteriological and chemical analysis results?
11. Are we required to have an Emergency Operations Plan and if so, where can we find out what is required?
12. What should we do if our Public Water Supply has a major breakdown or loss of water service?
13. Where can I get my water tested if it smells or tastes bad?