What do I do when my instrument needs repair?

Contact  Breath Alcohol Program (BAP) staff to notify them of the issue. The BAP staff may be able to assist so the instrument can be returned to service. If the BAP staff are unable to assist and determine the instrument does need to go for repair, we will help complete the CMI Service Evaluation form. Please indicate to the BAP staff member whether a loaner instrument is desired. Include the completed form in the box with the instrument and mail it to CMI. Their address is located at the bottom of the evaluation form. Remember to remove your gas cylinder prior to boxing your instrument. Following repair, the instrument will be sent to the BAP to verify the instrument and then returned to your agency. If you have any questions, contact the BAP at 785-296-1642 or via email.

Show All Answers

1. How to order DC-70, DC-27, DC-28 and CDL-5 forms?
2. How does a Law Enforcement agency become certified to operate the Intoxilyzer 9000?
3. How does an individual become a certified operator?
4. How does an individual find class locations, dates, whether a class is full or if their training application was processed?
5. How does an agency, operator or custodian renew the certification of an agency, operator or instrument?
6. What is online continuing education training?
7. How does someone find a change of status, training application, or CMI evaluation form?
8. What is the change of status form and when do I fill it out?
9. What do I do when my instrument needs repair?
10. What do I do when I have received my repaired instrument?
11. I just received my Agency Application Packet; how do I complete all the forms?