Palliative care is provided by a team of professionals, including physicians and nursing specialists, social workers, pharmacists, nutritionists, religious or spiritual advisors and others. The team works together to offer:
- Patients and their families with tools to manage pain, symptoms and stress.
- An extra layer of support to families and patients.
- A partnership between patient and family with other medical specialists.
- A focus on the needs of the patient, not the patient's prognosis.
- The best quality of life for patients and their families.