September 19, 2023 - September 21, 2023
Tuesday, September 19th: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
• 2-hour virtual classroom training
Thursday, September 21st: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
• 1-hour hands-on training
CarFit Technician Training (2 Days)
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
What is CarFit for the older driver?
CarFit is a FREE, interactive and educational program, developed by AAA, AARP and the American Occupational Therapy Association, that teaches participants how to make their personal vehicle “fit” them to increase safety and mobility when they hit the road.
• Review 12 key areas of your fit to your car such as adequate space from the steering wheel, proper seat belt use and properly adjusted head restraints.
• Learn how to use and adjust your safety devices.
• Each checkup takes about 20 minutes – this is not a driving test or mechanical inspection.
• Must be able to bend over, stoop down and assist someone else in walking.
• Good observational and communication skills.
• Demonstrate good time-management skills.
• Good demeanor in addressing the potentially stress-provoking topic of driving.
• Must be a licensed driver.