The Kansas State School for the Deaf has a strong commitment to the education of students in Kansas who are deaf and hard of hearing. This commitment extends not only to the students attending our center-based program but also to those students in schools/programs throughout the state.
- Birth-Three Outreach Services (Sound START): home visits, consultations, inservices/workshops
- 3-21 Outreach Services: evaluations, observations, inservices/workshops, and consultations
- Infant/Toddler Hearing Aid Loaner Bank
- Auditory Training Unit Loaner Program
- Center-Based Program: school for students ages 3-21 including related services, such as speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and counseling
- Kansas School for the Deaf Birth-Three Program (Sound START)
- Mission Statement: To ensure that families of infants and toddlers with a hearing loss receive comprehensive, unbiased information and support through regional consultation within the local tiny-k networks.
- The Birth-Three Program (Sound START) provides home visits, consultations, and inservices/workshops to providers and families of children who are deaf/hard of hearing.
- For more information, contact Erin Schuweiler.