Kansas Environmental Conference Presentations
Explore the presentations and resources and learn more about the speakers from the 2022 Kansas Environmental Conference.
2022 KEC Presentations
- Ambient Air Monitoring Update - Doug Watson (PDF)
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and SRF - William Carr (PDF)
- Bureau of Air Update - Rick Brunetti (PDF)
- Bureau of Environmental Field Services Update - Erich Glave (PDF)
- Bureau of Remediation Update - Randy Carlson (PDF)
- Bureau of Waste Management Director Update - Julie Coleman (PDF)
- Bureau of Waste Management Diversion Programs - Joel Billinger (PDF)
- City of Salina Zero Waste Initiative and Waste Sort Project - Jim Kowach (PDF)
- Clean Air Act Advisory Group (CAAAG) Meeting - Rick Brunetti (PDF)
- Division of Environment Overview - Leo Henning (PDF)
- Electric Generation in an Evolving Energy Market - John Carlson (PDF)
- Flint Hills Review - Jayson Prentice (PDF)
- Hazardous Waste Permitting Update - Maura O'Halloran (PDF)
- Kansas Environmental Information Management System Support - Tiffini Wells (PDF)
- Kansas Health and Environmental Laboratories Update - N Myron Gunsalus (PDF)
- Kansas Recycling Project - John Colclazier (PDF)
- KDHE Disaster Response and Toolkit - Dan Wells (PDF)
- KDHE Spill Response - Bill Heimann (PDF)
- MACT, NSPS, and Ambient Air - Amy Seeds (PDF)
- PFAS in the Aquatic Environment and Wastewater - Dane Boring and Tom Stiles (PDF)
- Spill Reporting in Kansas - Delbert Smith (PDF)
- Sustainable Solutions: Wastewater to Renewal Natural Gas in Dodge City - Ray Slattery (PDF)
- UCMR5 and PFAS - Cathy Tucker-Vogel (PDF)
- UST Property Redevelopment Fund - Stephanie Pfannenstiel (PDF)
- Voluntary Cleanup and Property Redevelopment Program Updates - Brittany Frost (PDF)
- Wastewater Surveillance in Kansas - John Anderson (PDF)
2022 KEC Speakers
Charles J. Neslund
Doug has been employed as an Environmental Scientist/Meteorologist in the Bureau of Air of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment since March 1999. He is currently the Chief of the Air Monitoring and Planning Section. He has been heavily involved in the atmospheric modeling and planning areas of ozone, particulate matter and regional haze in the State of Kansas. Doug received his degree in Atmospheric Science from the University of Kansas.
Jayson Prentice is the Chief of the Environmental Data and Projects group within the Bureau of Air. He oversees the bureau environmental databases including Kansas Environmental Information Management System (KEIMS) and State and Local Emissions Inventory System (SLEIS) alongside being a lead for the Flint Hills Smoke Management Plan. His roles also include air toxics, emissions inventories, environmental justice, special purpose monitoring, quality assurance, quality improvement, and other projects. Jayson has a bachelor's degree in Atmospheric Science from Iowa State University and received Certified Public Manager credentials from the University of Kansas.
Jeffery (Jeff) Hughley
Chief, Solid Waste Processing Unit
Joel Billinger graduated with a degree in chemical engineering from the University of Kansas. Since then he has worked with the Bureau of Waste Management for over five years. Joel briefly worked for the landfills unit and is now the unit chief for the solid waste processing unit.
Leo G. Henning
Chief, KDHE Bureau of Waste Management
Mindy Bowman has been the KDHE Bureau of Waste Management Solid Waste Permitting Section Chief since 2019. She is a licensed professional engineer in the State of Kansas. Previously, she worked for the KDHE Bureau of Air for 25 years in a variety of positions. She has also worked in manufacturing.