Current EDW Provider
Staying an EDW Provider
Each partnering health organization must:
- Maintain an annual self-renewing Service Provider Contract (PDF) with Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Maintain a referral relationship with a network of Early Detection Works providers able to offer all the breast and cervical continuum needed to complete a diagnosis. This includes the following services:
- Breast and cervical primary care
- Notify Early Detection Works when new staff are hired or when there are staff changes by filling out and submitting the Provider Contract Information Form (PDF); EDW will provide payment request and other training as needed
- To request a training complete and submit the EDW Confidentiality Statement (PDF)
Early Detection Works uses the following cancer screening guidelines:
- Breast cancer screening guidelines are made available from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- Cervical cancer screening guidelines are made available from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force - Cervical Cancer, and the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- To assist in clinical and programmatic decision making, EDW consults with The Kansas Cancer Partnership's Early Detection Work Group which serves as the program's Medical Advisory Board
Note: Guidelines are not a substitute for clinical judgment.
To learn about client eligibility requirements for EDW services, visit the EDW Program page.
EDW Providers can only bill for select services that are listed on the current EDW Healthcare Provider Fee Schedule (PDF). If necessary, services will be handled on an individual basis.
EDW uses a cloud based data entry and payment request system to process payments. Typical processing time between submission of payment request and paper check or direct deposit averages 44 days. During peak times, processing may take up to 8 weeks.
Promote Breast & Cervical Cancer Screening
Let's start promoting EDW today in your community! Send us an email to get started.
Call 785-296-1207 and ask to speak with a nurse.