Education & Outreach
The Education and Outreach Coordinator (EOC) plans and provides newborn screening training for birthing facilities, midwives, medical providers, and other program partners. The EOC works with providers and community partners to facilitate communication between the Newborn Screening team and its stakeholders, helping the Kansas Newborn Screening program to continually improve and meet the needs of Kansas families and newborns.
- Is your organization hosting an event for families of newborns, expecting parents, or medical providers working with newborns? We would love to participate. Reach out to our EOC with details.
- Want newborn screening trainings for your staff? Check out our training options.
- Have a question and can't find the answer on our website? Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to help.
In-person trainings are currently on hold due to COVID-19. The benefits of in-person training are available through our regularly scheduled live webinars or individually scheduled webinars targeting your organization's needs. Reach out to our Education and Outreach Coordinator to schedule a training.
Customized Live Webinars
If your facility has a specific concern you would like to address, or you would like targeted coaching on your facility's strengths and weaknesses in newborn screening, our Education and Outreach Coordinator can work with you to plan and schedule a webinar tailored to your needs.
Recurring Live Webinars
Take a look at our regularly occurring webinar schedule. If your organization needs one of our regular webinars at a different time/day, reach out to the Education and Outreach Coordinator to schedule.
Family Supports Brochures
- Family Supports Brochure Chinese (PDF)
- Family Supports Brochure French (PDF)
- Family Supports Brochure German (PDF)
- Family Supports Brochure Marshallese (PDF)
- Family Supports Brochure Spanish (PDF)
- Family Supports Brochure Spanish 2 (PDF)
- Family Supports Brochure Vietnamese (PDF)
- Guide to Kansas Family Supports Brochure (PDF)
Toolkits & Recorded Webinars
Toolkits include a list of guides and quick-reference documents. Each kit contains links to documents that are most useful for the indicated provider type and are organized by topic. If there is a particular resource you are looking for but can't find, reach out to our Education and Outreach Coordinator.