- Programs & Services
- Division of Environment
- Solid Waste Programs
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Forms
- Disaster Response Forms & Information
Disaster Response Forms & Information
Management of Solid Waste Resulting From a Disaster
When a disaster strikes, debris and various types of solid waste are almost always generated. Tornados, floods, transportation accidents, ice storms, blizzards, fires, and other events can produce large volumes of waste that cannot be handled by existing local waste management facilities and services. KDHE is authorized by state law to grant approval for various unpermitted waste management operations to facilitate a timely clean-up and to protect public health and the environment. Several application forms to address various disaster scenarios are provided on this page along with other helpful guidance documents and relevant information. In all cases, response activities must be coordinated with KDHE to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
A Restrictive Covenant for Authorized Disposal Site (PDF) will be required whenever a Disposal Without a Permit (DWOP) has been approved.
Disposal, Storage & Burning Applications
- DIS100 - Disaster Response Application for Open Burning (PDF)
- DIS230 - Disaster Waste Disposal Site Damage Application On-Site Without a Permit (PDF)
- DIS240 - Natural Disaster Waste: Local Government Application for Disposal Without a Permit (PDF)
- DIS250 - Natural Disaster Waste: Local Government Application for Storage Without a Permit (PDF)
- DIS260 - Livestock Carcasses: Application for Disposal Without a Permit (PDF)
- DIS270 - Transportation Accident Waste: Application Without a Permit (PDF)