Kansas Inservice Training System (KITS)
KITS is a program of the Kansas University Center on Developmental Disabilities at Parsons and is supported through a grant from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Kansas Early Childhood Developmental Services.
KDHE contracts with KITS to provide a training and resource system for Kansas Early Childhood Developmental Service/tiny-k networks through collaborative training and technical assistance activities on a comprehensive statewide basis. Additionally, parents and staff of agencies collaborating with these early intervention networks are afforded the opportunity to be involved in all activities associated with the project.
KITS hosts a website that provides information specific to early intervention. At the Kansas Inservice Training System (KITS) website, you can find technical assistance packets, a state-wide training calendar, Kansas Early Childhood Outcome Resources, and other additional information to assist you. KITS also offers the Early Childhood Resource Center which provides access to a lending library of material and topics related to your work.
Family-Centered Principles are a set of interconnected beliefs and attitudes that shape the direction of program philosophy and the behavior of personnel as they organize and deliver services to children and families. Core to family-centered services is sensitivity and respect for the culture and values of individual family members and each family's ecology, as members define the people, activities, and beliefs important to them. The purpose of early intervention is to achieve family outcomes as well as child outcomes.
Early Childhood Resource Center (ECRC)
The purpose of the ECRC is to provide access to anyone interested in borrowing from a collection of materials on topics related to children birth to three who are identified with special needs. This includes assessment and evaluation instruments and other resources.
Additional Documents & Resources
- Actual Revenue and Expenses State Fiscal Year 2024 (XLS)
- Affidavit of Expenditures State Fiscal Year 2024 (XLS)
- Database Change Request Form (DOCX)
- Database Change Request Process (PDF)
- Detailed budget for Grant Funds State Fiscal Year 2020 (XLSX)
- Family Service Coordination Training Plan (DOC)
- Kansas Early Childhood Developmental Services Brochure (PDF)
- Kansas Early Childhood Developmental Services Brochure Spanish (PDF)
- Kansas Early Childhood Developmental Services tiny-k Networks Contact Information (PDF)
- Kansas Part C Hearing Guidelines (PDF)
- Lead Agency Transition Plan (PDF)
- Monitoring and Fiscal Process Timelines State Fiscal Year 2020 (DOC)
- Part C to B Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Request for Budget Revision State Fiscal Year 2020 (DOC)
- Semi-Annual Report (SAR) State Fiscal Year 2020 (DOCX)
- T and E Questions Pertaining to KSDE Categorical Aid Part C Networks (PDF)