Kansas Inservice Training System (KITS)
KITS is a program of the Kansas University Center on Developmental Disabilities at Parsons and is supported through a grant from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Infant/Toddler Services.
KDHE contracts with KITS to provide a training and resource system for infant-toddler/tiny-k networks through collaborative training and technical assistance activities on a comprehensive statewide basis. Additionally, parents and staff of agencies collaborating with these early intervention networks are afforded the opportunity to be involved in all activities associated with the project.
KITS hosts a website that provides information specific to early intervention. At the KITS website, you can find technical assistance packets, a state-wide training calendar, Kansas Early Childhood Outcome Resources, and other additional information to assist you. KITS also offers the Early Childhood Resource Center which provides access to a lending library of materials and topics related to your work.
Early Childhood Resource Center (ECRC)
The purpose of the ECRC is to provide access to anyone interested in borrowing from a collection of materials on topics related to children birth to three who are identified with special needs. This includes assessment and evaluation instruments and other resources.
Family-Centered Principles are a set of interconnected beliefs and attitudes that shape the direction of program philosophy and the behavior of personnel as they organize and deliver services to children and families. Core to family-centered services is sensitivity and respect for the culture and values of individual family members and each family's ecology, as members define the people, activities, and beliefs important to them. The purpose of early intervention is to achieve family outcomes as well as child outcomes.
- Actual Revenue and Expenses State Fiscal Year 2020 (XLS)
- Affidavit of Expenditures State Fiscal Year 2020 (XLS)
- Database Change Request Form (DOCX)
- Database Change Request Process (PDF)
- Detailed budget for Grant Funds State Fiscal Year 2020 (XLSX)
- Family Service Coordination Training Plan (DOC)
- Infant-Toddler Brochure (PDF)
- Infant-Toddler Brochure Spanish (PDF)
- Infant-Toddler tiny-k Networks Contact Information (PDF)
- Kansas Part C Hearing Guidelines (PDF)
- Lead Agency Transition Plan (PDF)
- Monitoring and Fiscal Process Timelines State Fiscal Year 2020 (DOC)
- Part C to B Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Request for Budget Revision State Fiscal Year 2020 (DOC)
- Semi-Annual Report (SAR) State Fiscal Year 2020 (DOCX)
- T and E Questions Pertaining to KSDE Categorical Aid Part C Networks (PDF)