Assistance in Obtaining Dental Care

  • If you are looking for a referral to a dentist in your area, contact the Kansas Dental Association at 785-272-7360 or visit the Kansas Dental Association website.
  • If you are looking for a dental provider that is enrolled in the Medicaid program, use the KMAP website and click on "Find A Doctor" and search for "Dentist" under provider type.
  • You can also use the Find a Clinic page on the Community Care Kansas website.
  • If you have a child that may be eligible for KanCare, dental care will be covered with their medical benefits. Information on these programs is available on the KanCare website.
    • KanCare: Medicaid for Kansas
  • If you have limited resources, some safety-net clinics will provide dental care at reduced costs based on your income. Kansas Clinics with dental services are listed in the Resource Directory.
  • If you are elderly, permanently disabled, or considered medically fragile, and lack the income to pay for dental care, you can call Donated Dental Services (DDS) at 785-273-1900 or using the Dental Lifeline Network website.
  • If you are looking for help in finding low-cost orthodontic care, you may use the following resources:
  • The First Hand Foundation assists individual children with health-related needs when insurance and other financial resources have been exhausted. For more information visit the Cerner Charitable Foundation website.

Becoming a Patient at a Dental Hygiene or Dental School Clinics

Find more information for the following Dental Hygiene or Dental School Clinics in the Resource Directory.

  • Colby Community College
  • Concorde Career College Dental Hygiene Clinic
  • Flint Hills Technical College
  • Johnson County Community College
  • University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry, 
  • Wichita State University