Block Grant Annual Application & Report
Each year in July, Kansas submits the annual MCH Block Grant Application and Report to MCHB. The application/report describes activities completed in the past and current year and outlines activities planned for the coming year.
Every five years, the Department conducts a comprehensive needs assessment to determine gaps in health status and health system capacity in serving the MCH population. The "Five-Year Needs Assessment" includes research and identification of priorities for the statewide Title V programs to address over the subsequent five-year period. The assessment includes analysis of public health and other data, surveys of state and local stakeholders, and assessment of the state's system to deliver interventions and programs most effective for the priorities. State performance measures are the indicators used to monitor Title V program progress.
Individual State allocations are determined by a formula that takes into consideration the number of children living in poverty in a State as compared to the total number of children living in poverty in the United States. There are strict requirements concerning how funds are spent.
- At least thirty percent must be used for preventive and primary care services for children
- At least thirty percent must be spent for services for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN)*
- Not more than ten percent may be used for administering the funds paid under this section
- Funding is also to be spent on preventive and primary care services for pregnant women, mothers, and infants up to age one. However, there are no requirements regarding the percentage to be spent
*Funds are to be spent on: services described as "family-centered, community-based, coordinated care (including care coordination services) and to facilitate the development of community-based systems of services for such children and their families.
Past Block Grants Applications & Report
Block Grant Reports & Publications
- 2021 Title V Executive Summary (PDF)
- 2021 to 2025 Needs Assessment (PDF)
- 2022 Application and 2020 Annual Report (PDF)
- Aid to Local (ATL) Programming (PDF)
- Priorities, Measure, and State Action Plan (PDF)
- Program Activities Children, Adolescent and CSHCN (PDF)
- Program Activities Women Maternal and Perinatal Infant (PDF)
- Stakeholder Supports and Engagement Activities (PDF)