Home Health Agencies
Application for State Home Health Agency Licensure
Submission of the Home Health Agency application state licensure form also requires a fee. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment currently accepts only checks or money orders for these fees made payable to Health Facilities Program or KDHE.
Kansas Statutes & Regulations for State Home Health Agency Licensure
Criminal Record Check (CRC) Program
Effective July 1, 2018, Senate Substitute for House Bill 2386 (originally HB 2427) passed this legislative session and became effective 7/1/2018. The bill made changes to the criminal record check laws for Adult Care Homes (K.S.A. 39-970), Home Health Agencies (K.S.A. 65-5117) and HCBS (K.S.A. 39-2009).
Prohibited Offense List
Effective July 1, 2018, the New Prohibited Offense List is now identical for Adult Care Homes, Home Health Agencies, and HCBS Providers. There are some new offenses while some previously prohibited offenses have been removed. The revised list is posted on the Health Occupations Credentialing website.
- National Finger-Print Based Criminal Record Checks will be implemented in phases. There will be no fee increase until the finger-print based checks are implemented.
- This new background check system, called KanCheck, will be implemented in phases.
- Request CRCs
- Revised CRC Prohibited Offenses List with Historical Changes
Education & Training for OASIS (Typically Certified Only)
- OASIS-D Change Table New Items (PDF)
- OASIS-D Data Elements Removed (PDF)
- OASIS D Guidance Manual Errata (PDF)
CMS OASIS Questions & Answers
- CMS OASIS Questions and Answers / CMS Quarterly Questions and Answers
- Questions and answers are updated periodically
OASIS Guidance Manual
- Expansion of the Home Health One Clinician Convention - August 2017 (PDF)
- Chapters of the manual are important; however, Chapter 3 is a must
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services website