Construction Stormwater Runoff & Wastewater Lagoons

Construction Stormwater Runoff

Construction projects that will disturb one or more acres of land are required to secure authorization -- prior to the start of construction -- to discharge stormwater runoff under a construction stormwater general permit. Information regarding this authorization can be found on the Construction Stormwater Runoff Program webpage for the Industrial Programs Section.  

Wastewater Lagoons

Regulations addressing requirements for municipal, commercial, and industrial wastewater lagoons, K.A.R. 28-16-160 through K.A.R. 28-16-174, and the most current requirements of K.A.R. 28-16-16 et seq. may be found in their approved format on the home page of the Industrial Program Section, as well as on the State of Kansas Office of the Secretary of State home page, which also includes any related proposed regulations currently open for comment. 

Questions & Additional Resources

Email Don Carlson, Chief of the Industrial Programs Section, or call at 785-296-5547 for questions pertaining to construction stormwater runoff permitting and wastewater lagoon requirements.