Construction Stormwater Runoff

Construction projects that will disturb one or more acres of land are required to secure, prior to the start of construction, authorization to discharge stormwater runoff under a construction stormwater general permit. Information regarding this authorization can be found on the Construction Stormwater Runoff Program website for the Industrial Programs Section of KDHE's Bureau of Water. Please email Don Carlson, Section Chief, Industrial Programs Section, or call at 785-296-5547 or for questions pertaining to the construction stormwater runoff permitting program.