Spill Reporting

Spills, discharges, and emergency releases can cause serious harm to public health and the environment. Federal and state laws require federal and/or state agencies to be notified in the event of an accidental spillage of any materials that may pollute water, air, or soil.

Spill Notification & Reporting Procedures

The State of Kansas Spill and Hazard reporting hotline number is 785-291-3333. All spills and hazards should be reported to the hotline, which will forward the call to the appropriate state agency.

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and the Kansas Division of Emergency Management (KDEM) are two of several state agencies that address spills. We've also included some contact information on this page for use in the event of flooding or fish kills.

Photo Gallery