Statewide Immunization Registry
The Kansas Immunization Registry, referred to as KSWebIZ is a statewide registry for vaccinations/immunizations. KSWebIZ is web-based and contains lifespan immunization records that are complete, accurate, and secure for Kansas residents.
The purpose of KSWebIZ is to consolidate immunization information among health care professionals, assure adequate immunization levels, and avoid unnecessary immunizations. Registry data is used by healthcare professionals to monitor the immunization status of children and adults; assure compliance with state statutes on immunization requirements for individuals; identify geographic areas at high risk due to low immunization rates, and document and assess vaccination coverage during disease outbreaks.
Security measures comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Kansas statutes. Access is limited to individuals and entities that either provide immunization services or are required to ensure that persons are immunized. "Authorized users" are any one of the following:
- An employee of a public agency or department.
- Health records staff of child care facilities and family day care homes.
- A person other than a public employee who is entrusted with the regular care of those under the care and custody of a state agency including, but not limited to, operators of daycare facilities, group homes, residential care facilities adoptive or foster homes.
- A health care professional (KSA 65-531).
To request your own immunization record, you must be of legal age (18 years or older). If you are requesting the record of a minor child (under age 18), you must be the child's parent or legal guardian at the time of the request. There is no charge to receive a copy of an immunization record.
To request a copy please complete the Authorization for Release of Immunization Information form and return it with a copy of your photo identification using one of the following methods:
- Fax: 785-559-4227
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Attn: Kansas Immunization Registry
1000 SW Jackson
Topeka, KS 66612
Note: Please be sure to indicate on the form how you would like your records returned.
Once our office receives the completed form and photo identification we will release a copy of the requested immunization records if they are available. Records can be released to you using one of the following methods:
- My Kansas Health Patient Portal - This option is only available to individuals with access to a computer. This option will allow an individual to access their immunization records any time after the initial setup of the account. This option is only available for individuals it is not available to organizations requesting records.
This form is for public requests only. Providers should contact the Kansas Immunization Program for access to patient records.
Agencies who give immunizations or have access to immunization information are currently targeted for registry access. KSWebIZ allows users to generate Kansas Certificate of Immunizations (KCIs), Pink Cards, and the Vaccine Documentation and Consent form electronically. The system has a recommender function that assists the provider in determining immunizations needed by the patient and can generate a reminder for immunizations that are due or past due. KSWebIZ has a full inventory tracking module and produces a multitude of reports based on doses administered. The system is Web-based and secure, making patient records mobile wherever the Internet is accessible.