Power of Rural Photo Contest
Calling all Kansas photographers: Join us in celebrating the Power of Rural health care in photos.
- Review the contest rules and download the entry forms.
- Submit up to 3 of your best images by October 31, 2022.
- Invite your friends and family to vote for their favorites online, November 1-14, 2022.
- Use #KSPowerOfRuralPhoto to share information and find photos and the voting link.
- Questions? Email the Office of Primary Care and Rural Health.
- Photos must be taken in State of Kansas
- Photos should reflect Rural Kansas Healthcare, specifically, the “Power of Rural”
- Photos will only be accepted electronically as high-quality .jpg/.jpeg files that are at least 300 DPI or 2400 by 3000 pixels at 72 DPI
- Photographers may submit up to 3 photos
- Contest is open to all ages
- Name/rename your digital files to match the "Image Title" you give each entry
- Photographs that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified
- Only photos without watermarks will be considered
- A Material Release Form (PDF) must be completed by the photographer for each photo
- Only entries with complete and accurate information on the submission form will be considered eligible
- Forms must be saved as Lastname_Firstname_22Contest.pdf. Example: Earhart_Amelia_22Contest.pdf.
- If a Photographer chooses to include people in their submission - especially when minors are photographed - the photographer is responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and must be able to provide copies of those releases upon request
- Submissions accepted from 12:01 am on October 1, 2022 to 11:59 pm on October 31, 2022. Submit photos using this link.
- Submissions will be showcased on KDHE's Facebook and Instagram pages from November 1 through 14, 2022, which coincides with online voting. A link will be provided to cast your vote.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, as well as 1 honorable mention, and 1 Office of Primary and Rural Health Staff Pick will be announced via social media and the Community Health Access Newsletter on November 17, 2022.