*Note: Given a confirmed positive HBsAg test, a negative HBV DNA test does not rule out maternal HBV infection and risk of transmission to the newborn.
- Inform patient on hepatitis status
- Refer patient for appropriate care
- Provide patient with information regarding additional steps necessary to protect her baby
- 1st dose of hepatitis B vaccine plus hepatitis B immunoglobulin (HBIG) at birth
- Completion of hepatitis B vaccine by 6 months of age
- HBsAg plus HBsAb testing (PVST) at 9 months of age