Geology & Well Technology
The Geology and Well Technology Unit consists of three programs: The Underground Injection Control (UIC) program, the Underground Hydrocarbon Storage (UHS) program, and the Water Well program.
Annual Seminar & Tech Fair
The Geology and Well Technology Seminar and Tech Fair brings together water and energy sector professionals from the mid-continent region, representing professions such as water well contractors, solution mining, and underground hydrocarbon storage industries, as well as consultants, and state agency representatives. Join us as an attendee, vendor, or sponsor.
The UIC and UHS Financial Assurance 2022 inflation factor: 1.57% based on the annual Oil and Gas Field Equipment Cost Index. Revised January 31, 2023.
The UIC and UHS Financial Assurance 2023 inflation factor: 6.60% based on the annual Oil and Gas Field Equipment Cost Index. Revised January 31, 2023.
- Draft Assessment on Potential Impacts to Drinking Water Resources from Hydraulic Fracturing Activities, U.S. EPA, June 2015 (PDF)
- Brine Well Sinkhole Initial Response Checklist (PDF)
- Environmental Contacts Checklist for Pipeline Construction Projects (PDF)
- Geology Org Chart (PDF)
- Governors 50 Year Vision for the Future of Water in Kansas (PDF)
- Guidelines for Voluntary Baseline Groundwater Quality Sampling in the Vicinity of Hydraulic Fracture Operations (PDF)
- Minimizing and Managing Potential Impacts of Injection Induced Seismicity, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, November, 2014 (PDF)