Landfills / Household Hazardous Waste Collection Stations

Landfills and household hazardous waste (HHW) owners and operators need to be aware that meth lab waste may or may not be allowed at their facility. Accepting these wastes requires a revised permit.

Be aware of customers who are trying to dispose of meth production materials at your landfill or HHW. If you suspect any, please fill out a Suspicious Transaction Report Form (PDF) and call your local law enforcement or the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) at 1-800-KS-CRIME (800-572-7463. If you are a landfill or HHW operator and have questions regarding waste from meth labs please contact the Bureau of Waste Management at 785-296-1611.

Dry solid waste such as building materials removed from a contaminated house, utensils, empty containers, furniture, carpet, and fixtures may be disposed of at normal solid waste and/or CD landfills. A detailed guidance document on this subject may be obtained by calling 785-296-1679.