Proposed Amendment Regulations
K.A.R. 28-4-114 Now Available for Public Comment
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), Child Care Licensing Program is proposing amendments to regulation K.A.R. 28-4-114, Applicant; licensee.
All written comments must be received by 5:00 PM Friday, October 28, 2022. Your feedback is key to the function of our department and how we serve children and families in Kansas. Please direct all public comments regarding K.A.R. 28-4-114 to Amber Sellers. Email Amber Sellers
Upcoming Informational Webinars
Child Care Licensing will be hosting informational webinars for licensed home providers to hear from program staff regarding proposed changes and regulation intent. Please note these webinars will be informational only, no in-service hours will be provided. Dates and a Zoom link for each of the webinars are as follows:
- Thursday, September 8, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Join Zoom Meeting
- Saturday, September 10, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM: Join Zoom Meeting
Summary of Regulation
- Affirms children 11 years and older related to the provider do not count in total capacity.
- The proposed change updates age on capacity tables from 18 months to 12 months.
- Revises the total license capacity based on ages of children in care and license type; Licensed Day Care Homes with one provider and Licensed Group Day Care Homes with two providers.
- Updates the age category for the maximum number of children at least 5 years but under 11 years of age; this will be changed to allow the oldest unrelated child in care to be 16 years of age
- Proposed table revisions (Note: Table III remained the same).
Table I, License capacity, One Provider
|Max children under 18 months. Proposed change: 12 months||Max children at least 18 months, |
but under 5 years. Proposed change: 12 months
|Max children at least 5 years old, but under 11 years. Proposed change: 16 years||License capacity|
Table II, License capacity, Two providers
|Max children under 18 months. Proposed change: 12 months||Max children at least 18 months, but under 5 years. Proposed change: 12 months||Max children at least 5 years, but under 11 years. Proposed change: 16 years||License capacity|
|4||4 (Proposed change to 5)||2 (Proposed change to 3)||10 (Proposed change to 12)|
- View Economic Impact Statement filed with the Secretary of State (PDF)
- View Notice of Public Hearing for K.A.R. 28-4-114(PDF)
- View Revised Subsection for K.A.R. 28-4-114(PDF)