The Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas Perinatal Quality Collaborative is committed to healthy pregnancies and deliveries for every woman. Together, we are partnering with leading national organizations to bring evidence-based initiatives to our state to prevent pregnancy-related deaths.
Based on the Kansas Maternal Mortality Review Committee findings, resources have been developed and identified to assist providers in meeting the following categories of need:
- Patient Education and Empowerment
- Communication and Collaboration
- Screening, Brief intervention, and Referrals for Treatment
Maternal Warning Signs Comprehensive Patient Education Resource Package
- Webinar for Providers - Maternal Warning Signs Initiative Kick-Off
- Handouts to Download & Print
- Maternal Warning Signs – Guidance on Use of Patient Education Resources - English (PDF)
- Signs and Symptoms of Preterm Labor (PDF) - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Know the Warning Signs – Count the Kicks (PDF) - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Urgent Warning Signs – CDC Hear Her Campaign - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Urgent Maternal Warning Signs – Infographic (PDF) - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Action Plan for Depression & Anxiety Around Pregnancy (PDF) - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Save Your Life POST-BIRTH Warning Signs (PDF) - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Messaging for Friends & Family - Urgent Warning Signs (PDF) - English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Messaging for Partners - Talk about Depression and Anxiety – English (PDF), Spanish (PDF)
Post-Birth Warning Signs Education Program
- The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) offers the POST-BIRTH Warning Signs Education Program.
- To learn more about eligibility and accessibility of AWHONN education seats and Implementation Toolkit funded by Kansas Title V, email the KPCC team. A limited number of funded seats are available.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hear Her Campaign – Healthcare Providers can find campaign resources to use in your practice/setting/agency.
Additional Resources & Toolkits
- Kansas Perinatal Quality Collaborative
- Kansas Maternal Mortality Review Committee
- Preeclampsia Foundation’s Cuff Project
- Provider Toolkits
Special note of the following toolkits that can play a significant role in reducing risks related to Maternal Mortality:
- Well Woman Visit
- Mental Health
- Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Health Equity
- Action Alerts and Infographics
Collaborative Partners, Resources & Referrals
- Provider Training and Consultation Line for early Identification and intervention for perinatal depression, anxiety, and substance use:
- Integrated Referral and Intake System (IRIS) assists health care and service providers to easily access needed resources for their patients/clients and make seamless referrals with efficient follow-up.