Report Food-Related Illness

Do You Have a Food-Related Concern?

  • Did you get sick from something you ate?

  • Did you attend an event where people became ill?

  • Is there a problem with a restaurant you visited or food item you purchased?

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas Department of Agriculture work cooperatively to investigate foodborne illness outbreaks.

An undercooked hamburger with fries.

Report illness caused by a restaurant, food item, or event. 
Use the Report Illness button or call 877-427-7317.

Kansas Department of Health and Environment Logo 

Report a problem with a restaurant or food that did NOT cause illness. Use the Report Problem button, call 785-564-6767, or email the Kansas Department of Agriculture.

Kansas Department of Agriculture Logo

  1. Reporting Matters
  2. Additional Resources

It's Important to Report Food Poisoning

  • When two or more people get the same illness from the same contaminated food or drink, the event is called a foodborne outbreak.

  • Reporting illnesses to the state health department helps them identify potential outbreaks of foodborne disease.

  • Public health officials investigate outbreaks to control them, so more people do not get sick in the outbreak, and to learn how to prevent similar outbreaks from happening in the future.

To learn more about foodborne illness, visit or the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)