Interested in Becoming a WIC Vendor
- Does your point-of-sale (POS) hardware (your cash register and your card swiping equipment) use the exact same software to process all transactions?
- Is your POS system able to process online, real-time eWIC transactions? (A list of POS systems certified to process eWIC transactions can be provided upon request)
- Does your POS system produce a dated cash register receipt that includes a product description and unit prices for each food item sold?
- Do you expect to derive less than 50% of your gross annual income from WIC purchases?
- Is your store licensed by the Kansas Department of Agriculture as a retail grocery store?
- Are you currently participating in and in good standing with (not disqualified from) the Kansas Food Assistance Program (SNAP)?
- Will you provide food from a fixed location?
- Does your food sales area equal or exceed 2000 square feet?
- Is the sales floor accessible to clients with disabilities?
- Will you agree to purchase infant formula from wholesalers, retailers, and manufacturers listed on the Kansas WIC Program Approved Infant Formula Wholesalers or Retailers or Manufacturers list (PDF)?
If you have answered yes to each of these questions, consider submitting an application to become a WIC vendor.
Grocery stores in Kansas must meet guidelines in order to be authorized as a WIC vendors. The first step to becoming a WIC vendor is to download, complete and mail or fax in a Vendor Application Packet.
Available for download