Presentation Tips & Tools
When children thrive, we all benefit. Engage your community in learning about the importance of children growing up in safe, stable, and nurturing relationships and why this is a priority for building healthy communities. Kansas Power of the Positive makes it easy by bringing a variety of tools and resources together all in one place!
Family Friendly Workplaces
This set of tools is for presentations to audiences representing:
- Business and industry groups
- Chambers of commerce
- Workforce boards
- Economic development
Family Friendly Workplaces Resources
- Boost Your Competitive Edge: Actions for a Healthy, Productive Workforce (PPTX) - This is the full, 60-slide version introducing ACEs and demonstrating the impact of family friendly workplace policies and practices
- Boost Your Competitive Edge Quick Condensed Version (PPTX) - This is the 15-minute version introducing family friendly workplace practices
- Boost Your Competitive Edge Booklet (PDF)
- Boost Your Competitive Edge Handout (PDF)
- Business Case for ACE Prevention (PPTX) - Additional slides about the impact of early adversity on adult performance
For these presentations, please have audience members complete the Family Friendly Workplaces Resources Feedback Survey.
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE)
This set of tools is for general audiences like civic organizations or congregations and is intended to raise awareness of childhood adversity and raise commitment to creating safe, stable, nurturing environments for children to prevent child maltreatment:
- ACE PowerPoint Presentation (PPTX) - This is the full 46-slide version. Download this presentation for use with any audience
- ACE Supplemental PowerPoint Slides (PPTX) - Need more information on the ACE Study results or early brain development? Use these slides to explore the issue more deeply
- ACE Elevator Speech (PPTX) - Download this 15-slide presentation when you need a shortened version
- ACE: What's My ACE Score Questionnaire? (DOC) - The ACEs questionnaire was developed as a research tool and contains questions of a sensitive nature. It is included here for informational and educational purposes only. More information may be accessed at the ACES Too High website; this site also contains a Resilience Questionnaire
For these presentations, please have audience members complete this Adverse Childhood Experiences Feedback Survey.
- Kansas Department of Commerce Childcare Resources (DOCX) - A suite of resources available to businesses and communities to support quality childcare which increases the likelihood that children will experience safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments, both in the child care setting and at home
- Family Friendly Workplace Survey Social Equity Analysis (PDF)- A survey analysis designed for employers to evaluate and improve workplace policies and practices.