Amend Minor Birth Certificates

Several state statutes and regulations govern the process to amend birth records. Depending on the item being amended, the procedures that you need to follow will vary. We have provided some of the common questions and answers regarding amending minors birth records. If your situation is not addressed or if you would like to verify the information needed, contact the Amendment Unit at 785-296-1434.

Note: To ensure that we are in compliance with state statutes and regulations, we reserve the right to accept or decline requests using information you provide or we may require that additional court records be obtained to process the amendment.