Advisory Committee on Trauma (ACT)
The Advisory Committee on Trauma (ACT) was created by the 1999 Kansas Legislature and generally follows the recommendations in the 1998 Plan (K.S.A. 75-5664). The ACT is advisory to the Secretary of Health and Environment on the development and implementation of a statewide trauma system.
The ACT is composed of 24 members including representation from physician organizations, the hospital association, the state nurse association, and EMS organizations. Of the 24 members, two are legislators, one is a representative of KDHE and one is a representative of the Board of Emergency Medical Services. Members of the committee have significant expertise and commitment to EMS and Trauma Care, and represent both urban and rural interests.
|Dr. Stepheny Berry, Chairperson||KMS||June 2023|
|Dr. Craig Concannon, Vice Chairperson||KMS||June 2021|
|Dr. Michael McClintick||KAOM||June 2024|
|Ms. Carol Perry||KHA||June 2023|
|Ms. Tina Pendergraft||KHA||June 2025|
|Awaiting Appointment||KHA||June 2020|
|Ms. Darlene Whitlock||KSNA||June 2024|
|Ms. Janet Kemmerer||KSNA||June 2023|
|Awaiting re-appointment||KEMTA||June 2023|
|Mr. Jeffrey Boss||KEMSA||June 2024|
|Dr. Maria Beermann-Foat||EMS Adm.||June 2024|
|Mr. John Hultgren||EMS Adm||June 2021|
|Awaiting Appointment||SW RTC Rep.||June 2021|
|Ms. Kris Hill||SC RTC Rep.||June 2021|
|Stacy Trester||SE RTC Rep.||June 2023|
|Dr. Michael Machen, awaiting re-appointment||NW RTC Rep.||June 2020|
|Dr. Justin Klaasen, awaiting appointment||NC RTC Rep.||June 2023|
|Dr. Wael Khreiss||NE RTC Rep.||June 2023|
|Senator Ed Berger||Public Health and Welfare|
|Senator Barbara Bollier||Ranking Minority Member,|
Public Health and Welfare
|Representative Tory Marie Arnberger||Health and Human Services Committee|
|Representative Christina Haswood||Ranking Minority Member,|
Health and Human Services Committee
|Dr. Dennis Allin||Board of EMS|
The ACT is charged with directing the development and implementation of the Kansas trauma system, including:
- Take a lead role in development of a statewide template for injury prevention.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the RTC (Regional Trauma Councils) for system evaluation, education and training programs, and public education and prevention strategies.
- Monitor availability of resources statewide, assure compliance with system standards, and work in conjunction with the KDHE to develop a process for review of trauma care.
- Evaluate patient care outcomes at a system level.
- Develop a process to assure trauma centers outside the State of Kansas are fully incorporated into the Kansas Trauma Plan to assure access and mutual aide programs are in place.
- Analyze the impact and results of the system and make recommendations for change as appropriate to assure quality outcomes.
- Assist KDHE in developing and monitoring legislative initiatives as appropriate.
- Identify funding sources for all aspects of the emergency medical and trauma system.