Regulations & Statutes
The regulations and statutes provided on this page are for the convenience of the user but are not considered the official regulations. For more information on official regulations, visit the Kansas Secretary of State website. For information about official copies of the statutes, visit the Kansas Legislature website.
Regulations are enacted by an agency to implement or interpret legislation. All regulations are filed in the secretary of state's office and published in the Kansas Administrative Regulations (K.A.R.). The regulations for the Kansas Radiation Control Program are K.A.R 28-35-133 through 28-35-700.
- View the Kansas Radiation Control Program - Regulations and Statutes (PDF), which is an unofficial document that was compiled for all Kansas regulations and statutes, as of February 18, 2021.
- View the Schedule of Fees (PDF) (K.A.R. 28-35-147a).
If you need assistance finding a specific regulation, please contact our office at 785-296-1560.
The Kansas Statutes are laws enacted by the Legislature. These Statutes are published after the closing of the regular session by the Kansas Reviser of Statutes:
- Nuclear Energy Development and Radiation Control, K.S.A. 48, Article 16
- Radon Measurement and Mitigation, K.S.A. 48, Article 16a
For assistance finding a particular regulation or statute, please contact the Radiation Control Program at 785-296-1560.
KDHE Standards for Protection Against Radiation
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment Standards for Protection Against Radiation include adoption by reference of certain of the Parts. The documents that were adopted by reference can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate link.
|KDHE Part||Adoption by Reference Resource|
|Part 6||10 CFR Part 35 (PDF)|
|Part 12||10 CFR Part 36 (PDF)|
|Part 14||Suggested State Regulations for Control of Radiation Part X (PDF)|
Appendices to Part 4 - Standards for Protection Against Radiation
The appendices include the following:
- Appendix A (PDF) - Protection Factors for Respirators
- Appendix B (PDF) - Annual Limits on Intake (ALIs) and Derived Air Concentrations (DACs) of Radionuclides for Occupational Exposure; Effluent Concentrations; Concentrations for Release Sewerage
- Appendix C (PDF) - Quantities of Licensed Material Requiring Labeling