Information for Families

How to Apply

Call your local WIC agency to schedule an appointment. At the appointment, there will be a brief review of foods you eat, medical history, and current health status to determine the medical or nutritional need. If you or your child is found eligible for WIC benefits, the appointment will also include nutrition education.

For your WIC appointment, you will need to bring:Young Family

  • Proof of Identity
    • Birth certificate
    • Driver's license
    • KS Medicaid card
    • Military ID
    • Passport
    • Photo ID
    • School ID
  • Proof of ID for Child
    • Birth certificate
    • Foster care/adoption papers
    • KS Medicaid card
    • Shot/immunization records
    • WIC can not accept Social Security Cards as proof of identity
  • Proof of Residency
    • Envelope that was mailed to you
    • Official letter
    • Rent receipts
    • Utility bill
  • Proof of Household Income for all people living in your house
    • Income tax form for self-employment
    • Medicaid/Healthwave 19 card
    • Paycheck stub from current job
    • SRS benefit letter


Many working people are eligible for WIC and don't realize it. WIC serves Kansas residents who are:

  • Breastfeeding, up to baby's first birthday
  • Infants and children under five years old
  • Non-breastfeeding mothers, up to six months after baby's birth
  • Pregnant

WIC clients must meet WIC income guidelines and have a medical or nutritional need.