For Families

Am I Eligible for WIC?

Many working people are eligible for WIC and don't realize it. WIC serves Kansas residents who are:

  • Breastfeeding, up to baby's first birthday
  • Infants and children under five years old
  • Non-breastfeeding mothers, up to six months after baby's birth
  • Pregnant

WIC clients must meet WIC income guidelines and have a medical or nutritional need. Questions? Contact Your Local WIC Program

Young Family
  1. How to Apply
  2. Helpful Documents

How do I Apply?

Call your local WIC agency to schedule an appointment. At the appointment, there will be a brief review of foods you eat, medical history, and current health status to determine the medical or nutritional need. If you or your child is found eligible for WIC benefits, the appointment will also include nutrition education.

For your WIC appointment, you will need to bring:

Proof of Identity

  • Birth certificate
  • Driver's license
  • KS Medicaid card
  • Military ID
  • Passport
  • Photo ID
  • School ID

Proof of ID for Child

  • Birth certificate
  • Foster care/adoption papers
  • KS Medicaid card
  • Shot/immunization records
  • WIC can not accept Social Security Cards as proof of identity

Proof of Residency

  • Envelope that was mailed to you
  • Official letter
  • Rent receipts
  • Utility bill

Proof of Household Income for all people living in your house

  • Income tax form for self-employment
  • Medicaid/Healthwave 19 card
  • Paycheck stub from current job
  • SRS benefit letter